Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Awesome Authentics No. 3

No. 3: 2003-04 SP Game-Used Edition Signers Bobby Orr (SPS-BO)
Beckett price range - $75-$200 *

Sorry for the rhyming pun, but one has to feel pretty good when they score an Orr.

I've seen Orr in public twice. The first time, at a UNH-Northeastern hockey game in Boston, I had nothing for him to sign. Granted, I could have borrowed a pen and used my ticket stub, but that would have been too bush-league. The other time, outside of a Boston hotel, he simply blew off a bunch of hounds, myself included.

I suppose he's signed thousands of autographs in his lifetime, so that's easy to understand. I just hope to catch him someday when he's in a good mood and I'm better prepared. Until then, this card will suffice.

* Beckett Hockey, Issue 205, May/June 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home